Happy Friday y’all! Anybody else feel like this week went by suuuuuper slow?! I had a great weekend, I go on vacation next week so naturally this week went by at the pace of a snail. Even though this week went by as slow as it did, the weather has been so great! The best part of the nicer weather is not having to go to the gym if I want to get a workout! I recently got weights at home, a pull-up bar, a barbell and a few other things which makes working out at home easier when I can’t/don’t want to go into the gym. We don’t have a huge garage or backyard but it’s plenty big enough to get some workouts in! Listed below are a few of my favorites that I’ve done recently! For more inspiration make sure to follow us on Instagram @wholehealthhacks!
3RFT (Rounds for Time)
15 kettlebell snatches (can be modified with whatever you have laying around the house)
9 box jumps (can be modified to step ups on a chair or step ups on some stairs)
5 Rounds, not for time
Alternate between A and B every :90 seconds
A) 10 kettlebell snatches (can be modified with any weight you have at home)
B) 10 strict pull ups (can be modified to push ups at home or ring rows)
10 overhead walking lunges 115/85 (can be modified to regular lunges)
10 bar facing burpees
10 snatches (115/85)
10 min EMOM (every minute on the minute)
Every minute, complete 3-5 strict pull-ups, the goal is to be consistent. If you can do more, then do more!
Let us know if you give these a try! Tag us on Instagram or comment below! Another thing I love about the nice weather is getting back out to farmers markets! I know they’re around in the winter but there’s something more fun about getting out early on the weekend and hitting up the local stands! Over the past few months I’ve been trying to limit my fruit intake and up my veggie intake. Thankfully, farmer’s markets make it easy to do that! Now I know eggplant isn’t “in” right now but I feel like it always gets neglected so I wanted to include it! This turkey veggie meatloaf is packed with veggies and is a great pre-workout snack along side some carbs or as a quick dinner! I highly recommend topping it with your favorite salsa, Primal Kitchen chipotle lime mayo or my most recent favorite topping, Diane’s magic green sauce! Whatever you decide to top this turkey veggie meatloaf with, I know you’re going to love it!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 egg plant, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat up a large skillet with butter over medium heat. Toss in veggies and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Let the veggies cook about 5 minutes, continuing to stir until they have softened up.
- Once veggies are soft, take off heat and set aside.
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl and combine with spices.
- Once veggies are cool enough to handle, add in vegetables. Get your hands dirty and make sure it's all well incorporated.
- Divide mixture in half and place in two separate medium sized meatloaf pans. Be sure to really pack it down as it will shrink once it's cooked.
- Place pans into oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Once meatloaf is done cooking, let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite topping!
- Don't like these veggies? Feel free to add in your favorites instead!