Hey guys!! I am so excited to finally be making my debut on the blog! It has been a crazy couple of weeks for me but I finally have the time to sit down and hopefully be blogging more regularly. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I am stressed and have a lot going on, it’s really important to me to still have something to look forward to, like food! It’s no secret that I have an enormous sweet tooth. While I will enjoy an occasional donut or some Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, I try to make my sweets a little more health friendly. That’s where these peanut butter and jelly cookies come in!
When I was just a little tyke growing up I remember my mom, as well as my Grandma when she would babysit me, making me peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Cut into triangles, of course! Anytime I have a PB&J now, it takes me back to my childhood. These Peanut Butter & Jelly Protein Cookies help me reminisce as well as helping me keep my nutrition on track!
These are all the ingredients I used:
I currently don’t have mixing bowls yet so I had to improvise a little 🙂
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or any other nut butter you’d like to try!)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 scoops of protein powder, I love SFH Vanilla Recovery but any good quality protein should work
- 3 egg whites (or 1 egg and 1 egg white, I prefer just the egg whites!)
- Jam or jelly of your preference. I love strawberry!
- Pre-heat oven to 320 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together first then add the eggs.
- The dough should be sticky but easy to manipulate.
- If it is too sticky, add some more protein powder or almond flour.
- Before you start handling the dough, put some oil on our hands so the dough doesn’t stick to your hands too much.
- Grab a small amount of dough and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Once all the dough is on the cookie sheet, make indents into each cookie.
- I found it easiest to use the back of a teaspoon.
- Next, add a teaspoon (or more if you like!) of jelly/jam into the imprint you just made in the cookie.
- Once finished, bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes then ENJOY!
- Since I am in a new apartment, I haven’t quite figured out my stove and oven yet. While I did cook these 20 minutes, I should have baked them a little less. I would check on these around the 10-15 minute mark just to be sure!