Happy Tuesday y’all! How’s everyone doing today?! It feels like this year is flying by in a whirlwind lately. Although I think I say that in about every other post I make so maybe it’s not lately. I’ve been struggling to live in the “now” a lot lately so I’ve been trying to take steps to be more present. Does anyone else struggle with that? I’m either thinking of what I need to do next or how busy I already am the next 3 weekends. The Merrymaker Sisters talk a lot about this and have some great pointers for living in the now and following your dreams. They also have tons of delicious recipes too 😉
Besides reading up on that, I’ve just been doing the usual working, coaching, CrossFit and weightlifting. Sprinkled in with copious amounts of Grey’s Anatomy. I am OBSESSED. Has anyone else watched the show? I’m currently on Season 6! I don’t know how much longer I’m going to last though, all these new people have joined the cast and I’m not sure I like them or where the story is going. But who am I kidding I’m already invested so I will probably keep watching!
Anyway, on to the delicious stuff! I made this spicy turkey chili on a whim because I’ve been bored to death with meal prep lately. Salmon, chicken, shredded beef, mostly in a crock pot. Veggies, repeat, sweet potatoes, repeat. I generally haven’t had a lot of time so I just do the same stuff and then I land myself into a food funk. Even though I’ve been cooking for a few years now, I still forget that spices make the food! To get out of this food funk I decided to find all the tasty things and throw them in the crock pot! I hope y’all enjoy this spicy turkey chili as much as I did!
- 2-2.5 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can (14.5oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tbsp cumin
- 6 medium rainbow carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small yellow onions, sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock/bone broth
- cilantro, for garnish
- Put ground turkey in crock pot. Depending on consistency, you made need to break it up a little.
- Top turkey with veggies, tomato paste and fire roasted tomatoes.
- Toss in spices and mix thoroughly.
- Cook in crockpot for 8 hours.Serve and enjoy!
- If you don't like ground turkey, feel free to use ground beef!