The slew of buffalo sauce recipes continues this week with these Spicy Buffalo Ribs! (In case you missed it, on Monday I shared an easy recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.) This recipe for ribs has quickly become one of my go-to favorites for an easy weekend meal, as it takes less than five minutes to prep and then is thrown into the slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low heat. Meal prep cannot get easier than that!
In my days as a vegetarian, I balked at the idea of ribs. I thought they were way too messy to eat and, since I don’t like BBQ sauce, the temptation was honestly never there. I developed this spicy buffalo ribs recipe in an attempt to make a flavorful ribs recipe that is spicy, not sweet, and fall-off-the-bone good. Add this to your list of game-day finger foods for the upcoming Super Bowl and your guests will thank you!
I also love how versatile this slow cooker recipe is, no matter the season. It’s great to warm up to on a cold winter’s night, or serve alongside your favorite picnic foods for a festive summer meal. I’m a huge fan of starchy veggies with ribs, so try out our recipes for Cinnamon Roasted Parsnip Fries or Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes (consider swapping the cinnamon for garlic & herb spices from Primal Palate instead for a savory flavor) if you’re looking for a delicious side dish. Lastly, don’t forget that we have a delicious Buffalo Sauce recipe for all of your buffalo needs, including this tasty ribs!
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 lb rack of baby back ribs
- 1 batch of Buffalo Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and all of the spices.
- Place the rack of ribs on a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Rub the ribs with the spice mixture, coating evenly throughout.
- Place the ribs in the slow cooker and cover with 1 cup of buffalo sauce.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, until meat falls off the bone.
- - Buffalo Sauce recipe available at wholehealthhacks.com/buffalo-sauce
- - To make this recipe Whole 30 or 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly, omit the coconut sugar from the spice rub and instead, double the amount of sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper
Enjoy more recipes with buffalo sauce!