Confession: I LOVE breakfast.
I mean, seriously. I love it.
I notoriously experiment with how many different ways to cook an egg, Yelp the nearest place for a five star breakfast scramble, and go absolutely nuts for a good slice of bacon. And my favorite part about it? It’s best when enjoyed at any time of the day. A yummy omelette tastes great first thing in the morning, as a quick dinner or late night snack. However, given the choice, I do prefer dining on a meal I’ve cooked to ensure it is free of vegetable oils or other highly processed ingredients.
Tonight I enjoyed on my favorite sweet potato scramble recipe; a very easy, low budget and satisfying meal. Feel free to switch up the recipe to include your favorite veggies. Instagram a photo and tweet me @candicedeforest to share your creation.
- 1 cooked sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 tbsp bacon fat or organic butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- Sea salt (HimalaSalt is my favorite)
- Black pepper
- Other spices to taste
- Melt the bacon fat/butter in a saucepan on medium low heat.
- Add chopped onion, mushrooms and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sea salt, black pepper, and other spices. (My personal favorites include paprika and Greek seasoning.)
- Add eggs. Scramble for 3-4 minutes until cooked.
- Add chopped sweet potato.
- Mix together and heat thoroughly for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy!
The caramelized onions and mushrooms add a tasty flavor to the dish.
The final product. Surprise! I added bacon too.