Happy Friday y’all! Man this summer has been flying by. I’m pretty sure I say that every post but for real, where did June go?! I can’t believe this weekend is 4th of July weekend. Next thing you know it’ll be October and fall will be in full swing! Obviously I’m excited for all things pumpkin and apple spice but for now I just want to enjoy all things summer! Speaking of, did you all these amazing recipes for 4th of July?! YUM! I know I personally will be making the watermelon salad and slushie berry sangria!
Another perfect thing to go along with all the 4th of July festivities is this simple grilled fruit! You can use just about whatever fruit you like but I loved the idea of watermelon and just happened to find some tasty looking apples and pears. Not to mention how amazingly delish the apples and pears are once the sugar caramelizes. This sweet treat is perfect as a side dish or can even be used as a dessert. No matter what occasion you make it for, it’s sure to be a hit!
- 2 apples, cut into cubes
- 2 pears, cut into cubes
- 1 small watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp honey
- Turn on grill to medium heat.
- Once fruit is cubed, slide onto skewers, alternating however you wish.
- When grill is hot, place skewers on grill.
- Grill about 5 minutes on each side until fruit is soft and has light grill marks.
- Once fruit is done, plate and drizzle with honey to taste!
More side dish ideas!