Man oh man, winter has truly hit up here in Northeast Ohio! The temperature has slowly been declining and the snow keeps accumulating. Sometime’s I wish that the cold was a valid excuse to not do anything. Sorry everyone, I can’t do anything today, it is too cold. I mean I get it, sometimes it literally is too cold to go out but I wish we could up that temperature to like…10 degrees. Because when I wake up and see it’s only 10 degrees, my productivity levels significantly decrease. There’s a meme out there that pretty much sums up how I feel. Every year I ask myself why I haven’t moved somewhere warmer and yet every year I continue to stay here. Lucky for you guys, my productivity hasn’t completely shut down and I can still put out some new and tasty recipes!
I’ve made this recipe in various different ways over the last few weeks and decided that this combination is definitely my favorite. I’ve been trying to cut back on fruit lately but have been missing the sweetness I love eating in apples, bananas and berries. For that reason I have come up with this lovely vegetable scramble. I have become OBSESSED with parsnips as well as beets recently but I of course had to incorporate sweet potatoes because those have always been my true love. The sweetness of these veggies mixed with some spices and butter/ghee truly hits the spot. My favorite way to eat this side is with an egg on top because duh, #putaneggonit. However this also pairs perfectly with any protein choice or as a quick post workout snack! Throw in some breakfast sausage and boom! Tasty and delicious meal. I hope you guys enjoy these roasted parsnips, onions, beets and sweet potatoes as much as I have been!
- 2 large parsnips, washed and cubed (about 10 oz)
- 1 small bag of boiler onions, peeled and halved (I used Frieda's)
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and cubed (about 9 oz)
- 3 medium beets, washed, peeled and cubed (mine came in a three pack)
- 5 gloves of garlic, roughly, chopped (or 2 1/2 tsp minced garlic)
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- Add all vegetables and garlic into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour melted butter over vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper, onion powder and thyme over vegetables and mix well to ensure all vegetables are coated.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Pour out vegetables over baking sheet making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until all veggies are soft.
- Can also sub out any veggies for different ones you like!