NOTE: This is a special sneak preview recipe from our ebook, The Paleo Pumpkin Cookbook. Find more sweet and savory copies by downloading your free copy here!
Happy Friday ya’ll!! Today I’m bringing you one of my favorite smoothie recipes! One of my pet peeves when trying different smoothie recipes is when the smoothie doesn’t really taste like what it’s called. I’ve tried numerous apple pie smoothies, pumpkin smoothies, peanut butter and jelly smoothies only to find out that they don’t really taste like what I expected. I know, I know, the smoothie isn’t going to taste exactly like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or tasty apple pie but c’mon it should at least have a taste of the main ingredients! With this in mind, I set out to make my own pumpkin smoothie. I found I liked this smoothie on the less sweet side which really allows the pumpkin taste to come through. The addition of eggs makes for a great creamy texture as well as an addition protein boost! I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk (I love Califa farms!)
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ice
- 3 eggs
- optional: 2 tsp honey to sweeten
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour into two cups to share or freeze and save one for later!
- Top with coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
- For more of a protein boost, add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder.