Hey y’all! Is anyone else wondering where the heck October has gone?! I can’t believe Halloween is this weekend! Does anyone have any fun plans?! I know I will for sure be making some of these amazing dark chocolate almond butter cups to share! As far as costumes go, I’ve found that ever since I graduated college Halloween has intrigued me less and less. Sure, parties are still fun but I just don’t really care as much about finding a costume. However, for everyone’s entertainment, here are some of my previous years costumes.
Freshman year I went with the classic cow girl outfit. I worked my ass off to make my own cutoff shorts. We drove an hour to OU and I think I spent most of my night aimlessly walking around. Sophomore year I didn’t have any great pictures. I went to OSU this year and was Tom Cruise from Risky Business. I faintly remember running every where I went and complaining to my boyfriend how cold I was and then eventually crying and going back early. Junior year I was Boo from Monsters Inc. Translate, nobody knew what the hell I was. Senior year I borrowed a friends costume and was a pirate. Classy indeed. The last few years I haven’t been to any parties so I haven’t had a reason to dress up. However I will be passing out candy this year and am thinking of resurrecting my prom dress to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Don’t you worry my precious friends, I will make sure to take pictures.
Okay, okay enough about Halloween. What I’m REALLY excited to share with you guys is a recipe from our new Paleo Pumpkin Cookbook ebook that is releasing VERY soon!! If you’ve been following the Fall Fest over at Primal Palate you’ve seen two of our recipes already. Candice and I have been hard at work on this ebook and we are SO SO excited to share it with you guys!! Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog to get your hands on it!! Without further ado, here is my favorite recipe from the book, Pumpkin Chicken Thai Curry!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Lime juice, to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the bamboo shoots, bell pepper, garlic, and salt and stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook for about a minute, stirring to coat the other ingredients. Add in the coconut milk and pumpkin puree and bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add lime juice to taste.