Who else is excited that it’s spring aaaaaand MANGOES ARE IN SEASON! Two reasons this is officially my favorite time of the year. Mango and Avocado Salad is an easy way to make an excuse to eat mangoes for every meal and incorporate this sweet, delicious fruit into a hearty salad.
Aside from experimenting with mango recipes, I’ve been a busy bee these past few weeks. I had the pleasure of attending the Nutrition Therapy Association’s Annual Conference in Portland a few weeks ago and learned amazing nutrition and food business tips from Dr. Sarah Ballantyne (The Paleo Mom), Caroline Potter (blogger at Colorful Eats and author of “All American Paleo Table), Liz Wolfe (mastermind behind Real Food Liz and author of “Eat the Yolks”), and SO many more inspirational men and women who are shaping the future of the food and nutrition industries. I learned all about fermentation from the amazing woman behind Firefly Kitchens and author of “Fresh and Fermented,” Julie O’Brien, and had my mind blown about the health benefits of kefir from Champoeg Creamery founder, Charlotte Smith. Seriously, now I want to eat all of the fermented things, you guys. More on that later.
To add to an eventful March, I also attended the Balanced Bites podcast live show in Portland. It was amazing to meet the ladies behind the show after listening to nearly all 200+ episodes of it the past few years. Also, major props to Diane and Liz for recording a LIVE show! That seems absolutely terrifying. But of course, they killed it. Listen to the episode here.
I hope by now you are as excited for this Mango and Avocado Salad as I am because seriously, it’s the best. It is super easy to throw together, packs in a ton of healthy nutrients, and can easily be modified if you want to up your protein or fat intake. As always, if you make the recipe and feel like sharing, use the hashtag #WholeHealthHacks or tag us on Instagram @WholeHealthHacks. In the meantime, stay tuned with the latest news from us by subscribing to our weekly newsletter (as a thank you, you’ll get 3 free ebooks filled with 20+ recipes)!
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, washed and diced
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, washed and chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken or ground beef for added protein
- Wash and chop the mango, romaine lettuce, and tomatoes. Set aside in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, mash together the avocado, juice of 1 lime, fresh cilantro, and pinch of sea salt. Mix everything together until smooth.
- Add the avocado/guacamole to the top of the salad bowl. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Increase protein intake by adding cooked shredded chicken or ground beef to the salad.
- If salad dressing is desired, mix together 3 tbsp light olive oil, juice of 1/2 lime, 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro, and a pinch of sea salt for a zesty cilantro dressing.
More amazing mango recipes!