Welcome to another edition of ‘Katie’s Kitchen! This week we look at a few of my favorite Costco finds, my newest Whole Foods find, and some oldie but goodie favorites! As I mentioned in my last post, I’m currently getting for my next weightlifting meet. I’ve had my nutrition on par, taking recovery very seriously but still trying to enjoy the little things, which is what this post is about!
- Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt: If you haven’t tried an epsom salt bath yet, I hope you will after this! It’s one of the easiest things you can do for sore muscles. It’s known to ease pain and reduce inflammation. Combine that with the lavender scent and it’s relaxation heaven! Even better, a big bag like shown is pretty cheap.
- Tessemae’s: I feel like I’m a little late to this party but I like to think better late than never? This stuff is seriously amazing! I’ve been so frustrated lately trying to find a salad dressing that has healthy fats and isn’t full of crap. Fast forward to me in Whole Foods last week just about jumping for joy when I found this. I decided to try the southwest ranch and it did not disappoint! It’s a perfect topping for protein or mixed in a salad! There are so many different flavors, I can’t wait to try more!!
- Kodiak Power Cakes: This is probably the favorite thing on my list. I know, I know, it isn’t “paleo” but I don’t care. These are delicious and are better than a lot of other stuff out there. While I usually enjoy these on the weekend, I’ve been eating them as a pre workout snack with some almond butter and it is SO delish! I highly recommend these. While you can find them on amazon, they’re also available at Costco, which has quickly become my new favorite store. Pair these with some of the almond butter below and you’ve got yourself a tasty treat!
- Kirkland Almond Butter: I’m not going to lie, I passed this many times in the store before I actually bought it. Mostly because I still had some almond butter at home but also because I didn’t really think it would be that good. In my opinion, buying anything you haven’t tried before is a toss up at Costco since you’re buying in bulk. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised! This almond butter ended up being creamy and delicious with roasted almonds being the only ingredients. The only downside was it seemed a bit pricey in comparison to almond butter I’ve previously seen sold here but I think it’s worth it!
- FATCO Body Butta: Formally known as FATFACE, their products are still awesome and amazing. I personally love the body butta and love putting it on before bed as another way to relax while still nourishing my skin. The moisturizing and calming butta is infused with lavender and sage which is perfect after the epsom salt bath.
Have you guys tried any of these before? Let us know in the comments, find us on Instagram @wholehealthhacks or look us up on Snapchat @candicemd and @ketokar !