Welcome back to Katie’s Kitchen! *cue cool intro music* Wouldn’t that be cool if we could play music for when you start reading this post? Probably sounds cooler in theory than real life. Does anyone remember MySpace? I remember you could change your name to whatever you wanted and set your page so the same song played whenever someone was on your page. I remember it being really annoying so maybe we should just forget about the whole intro song. Maybe let’s pretend this whole first paragraph didn’t happen? Deal? Deal.
Alright, down to the nitty gritty. Obviously, this post doesn’t just include stuff from the kitchen. I’m clearly obsessed with fitness so I wanted to include a few items related to that as well. I also love finding out about new fitness trends or things I haven’t heard of yet so hopefully I can share some new things with you guys!
- Becoming a Supple Leopard: If anyone has done CrossFit, I’m sure you’ve heard of Kelly Starrett. He is the mobility guru and has an unbelievable amount of knowledge. I’ve always tried to work on mobility since starting CrossFit and this book has just about everything you can think of. Besides being great for mobility exercises, Kelly goes through a bunch of exercises, how to do them and how to fix typical faults most people have. Besides this book, he also has his own website with plenty of free content as well as a subscription if you wanted to learn more!
- Kevita Master Brew Kombucha: Oh kombucha, how I love thee. I’ve been trying to incorporate more of this stuff into my diet lately because I usually feel really good when I drink it. I’ve professed my love for GT’s Kombucha more than once on Instagram but I decided I should probably try out some other brands too. I’m happy to say this brand did not disappoint! The pineapple peach was the perfect amount of sweetness. Besides this flavor, they have a few others including tart cherry and lavender melon.
- Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola Cereal: I’ve been searching high and low for a granola that I enjoy and doesn’t completely break the bank. I think I truly hit the spot with this one! Not only is it delicious but I know that I’m supporting a company that is truly invested in more than just making money for themselves. This stuff is perfect by itself but is just as delicious with some almond or coconut milk. It’s perfect for a post workout snack!
- Pure Pharma M3: This is one product I’ve been using over the last year that has truly made an impact. I know there are probably plenty of other vitamins and stuff I could be taking but for the most part, I can never stick to that kind of stuff! Unless I feel like that stuff is truly making an impact on how I feel, I don’t see the point in taking it. Silly I’m sure but that’s just how I operate. After not feeling like I was recovering completely from workouts and not being able to have great sleep, I finally stumbled upon these! Once I started taking these, I really felt like my recovery time improved. This combined with better bedtime habits made falling asleep and staying asleep not so hard anymore! Call me crazy but I highly recommend trying these out! Pure Pharma is a great, trusted company that is really committed to giving you the best supplements possible.
- Athleta Sonar Capris: THIS STORE. I seriously can’t get enough of it! A few months back I started working here part time and even though I recently got a full time job, I continue to work here because it’s just that good. Not only do they have cute workout gear but they have tons of cute every day wear that is actually cute and still FEELS like workout clothes. Like hello! Who doesn’t want to feel like they’re wearing workout clothes all the time? But back to what’s pictured here. The sonar capris are seriously perfect for high impact workouts. I know my biggest problem when finding pants for CrossFit is the burpee/double under test. If I jump around and the pants start to fall down, I know they’re not going to hold up! These capris far surpass that test. They come in SO many cute colors and patterns, you won’t be able to only get one pair!
NOTE: Whole Health Hacks is an affiliate member of some of the sites linked and may receive a small commission for any products purchased through the links provided, which help us continue fueling the blog. Thanks for your continued support!