Welcome to another addition of Katie’s Kitchen! This week I have some of my go-to favorites to share with y’all. I included mostly kitchen items but couldn’t help but throw in something from my weekly beauty routine too! Remember, we always love to hear from you guys! Let us know if you try these products or let us know what your favorites are so we can try them out. Without further ado, here is this week’s edition of Katie’s Kitchen 🙂
- SFH Fuel: I know I’ve talked about SFH before but I can’t help it, this stuff is SO good. I’ve heard mixed reviews about their regular protein (I love that too!) but have heard nothing but good things about the Fuel. I know, I know, you’re thinking why do I need another protein mix? Fuel is the perfect way to get in extra protein in when you can’t possibly eat another ounce of chicken or piece of turkey or the dreaded egg whites. I find that mixing protein with water is boring and bland so I prefer to add this to any number of things. It goes great mixed in with some coffee, butter and coconut oil (If you haven’t tried Bulletproof coffee, DO IT NOW), it makes a great base for protein pancakes or in a smoothie!
- Harvest Bay coconut water: I know I’m probably behind the times on this one. When I first started paleo I gave coconut water a try and wasn’t really impressed. Fast forward to about 6 months ago, I tried it again and it grew on me but I still didn’t love it. Well I decided to try it again and give this brand a try and boy I’m glad I did! It is GMO free and tastes delicious! I love drinking it plain or adding it to a smoothie with some SFH Fuel 🙂
- Fresh herbs: My work offers this awesome program where we can order fresh produce and have it delivered to work. It’s from local farms or stores and almost always carries organic and is generally much cheaper than the grocery store! While dried spices and herbs are great, I’ve loved using the fresh stuff to brighten up my dishes. Pictured here is some fresh oregano which I have become OBSESSED with lately. I literally put it on everything!
- Herb freezing trays: Of course this is the perfect complement to buying fresh herbs. I’m sure a lot of you are like me and buy fresh herbs only to have half of them go bad before you use them. That’s where these trays come in handy. Fill them with your herbs and some water and freeze to use another time! Don’t be fooled by the fancy tray, you can always use an ice cube tray or something similar!
- Indian Healing Clay: If you haven’t already tried this stuff, get your hands on some soon! I’ve always had skin issues on my face and have tried a variety of different things to help it. This is by far at the top of my list. It can be a bit time consuming since you have to mix it before hand and let the mask sit for a bit but it is SO worth it. Sunday’s are my go to days for a little at home pampering. A mask with this and some apple cider vinegar (ratio) in a hot bubble bath is the perfect ending to my Sunday evening and a great way to relax before the start of a new week! My face always feels fresh and rejuvenated after.