YOU GUYS! Our ebook is coming out in just a few weeks and Katie and I are so excited to share it with you! We created 35+ recipes, meal plans, and grocery lists to give you easy pre- and post-workout meals throughout the week. Both of us maintain busy schedules between working, working out, and blogging, so it’s super important that we have easy go-to snacks and meals throughout the week. It’s way too easy to fall into the trap of being stuck without a snack or meal and resorting to the vending machine or whatever crappy options are nearby. With our guide, we want to inspire you to make meals ahead and take charge of those busy weeks so you’ll never be stranded without a pre or post-workout snack again!
While I loooove eggs for breakfast (especially my new obsession, soft boiled eggs — if you follow along on Snapchat you’ve surely seen plenty of these throughout the week), I am a big fan of switching it up with some egg-less meals in the rotation. Inspired by my love of granola, I created this Grainless Granola recipe which literally takes less than five minutes to prepare and is a perfect go-to for busy weeks. It’s great as a pre-workout snack, grab and go breakfast, or a handy treat to keep on hand whenever you need something filling and delicious. It tastes amazing as a full meal with coconut or almond milk too!
Have you ever noticed how expensive store bought granola is?! While it’s fun to buy as a treat once in a while, purchasing bulk ingredients and making it at home is way easier on the bank account AND leaves a few extra bucks for fun things, like shopping or travel or Thrive Market orders (let’s be honest that’s where I’d rather spend most of my extra $$). I hope you love this recipe as much as I do and if you happen to make it, share using the hashtag #WholeHealthHacks on Instagram. And don’t forget, if you like this recipe check out our ebook for TONS of delicious pre and post-workout snack and meal recipes!
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins (without added sugar)
- ¼ cup pistachio nut meats, salted
- ⅓ cup unsalted almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender, mix together the shredded coconut, raisins, and pistachios on high for 30 seconds, until well chopped.
- Next, mix in the almond butter and stir with a spatula. Stir until the entire batch is coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Make sure to spread it out in a thin layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until slightly crispy but not overdone.
- Enjoy by the handful or served as a meal with your favorite milk.
More snack recipes!
Trail Mix Energy Bites