This past year has brought about a lot of change in my life. Some of it has been absolutely wonderful and some of it has been more challenging than anticipated. Nevertheless, I feel fortunate for the love and support through it all and as all of us know, there will always be ups and downs in life.
While I believe in practicing gratitude all throughout the year, the holidays are an especially wonderful opportunity to give thanks and remember what this time of year is all about. The art of gratitude pays off in big ways (not just for yourself but for the act of paying it forward to others as well), and I believe it’s worthwhile to spend a few moments every so often to reflect and appreciate all that you have.
This year, five things top my Thanksgiving thankful list. What are you thankful for this year?
1. Life in San Francisco: Moving here has easily been one of the best decisions of my life. The incredible people, quirky neighborhoods, active fitness community, and seemingly endless amounts of sunshine have resulted in a positive lifestyle change I only ever dreamed about. Taking the leap to get here was not so easy but once I did, it was absolutely worth it.
2. Friends and family: New friends in the city, close friends from college, and childhood friends have provided support in unimaginable ways. Sending care packages, planning visits to SF, and spontaneous city adventures have all been amazing and I look forward to many more memories with these wonderful people. I am fortunate to also have a supportive and loving family throughout this transition period who consistently send words of encouragement and positive vibes.
3. Rediscovered love of baking: As a creative outlet, I forgot how much I love tweaking recipes, designing the final masterpiece, and enjoying the sweet treat with my loved ones. After inspiration from the local farmers market and several bloggers (including Against All Grain and Everyday Paleo), I took to the kitchen again. I am thankful for the community that redirected me to this fun hobby.
4. New career opportunities: I recently was hired as an associate at a small PR agency in the city, in which I’ll focus mostly on tech startup clients. I start work on December 2 and am really excited and grateful for the amazing career opportunity ahead and the chance to dive right into the SF startup world.
5. Living with my boyfriend: Last but certainly not least, one of the most exciting and life changing events that took place this year was moving in with my boyfriend of a few years. Exploring city life together has been fun and I’m looking forward to making many more memories together. His neverending love and support continues to amaze and leave me speechless. I’m one lucky lady!