I absolutely love dark chocolate mousse. It’s hands down my favorite dessert recipe. And let’s be honest, dark chocolate with raspberries on top is just the absolute best. These Dark Chocolate Mousse Parfaits combine all of my favorite things — including avocado! — to make the creamiest, dreamiest dessert. Share it with your special someone for Valentine’s Day or whip up a batch for your next girls’ night for an indulgent treat.
While I don’t go over the top for Valentine’s Day celebrations, I do make it a point to always have a delicious dessert to share with my boyfriend. Last year was the exception, because we ended up in a small town outside of Lake Tahoe called Markleeville. I think the population is around 200 people. Anyway, we stayed at an Airbnb for a weekend of hiking and exploring the area and forgot about the minor detail that there were no restaurants open past 8pm on the weekends. Whoops! So our Valentine’s Day dinner ended up being a spread of our hiking snacks that we had brought for the next day (a cut up Larbar, a handful of beef jerky, some carrots and a cut up apple) rather than anything fancy. I have to say it ended up being the most memorable and by far the most romantic Valentine’s Day out of all of them! We didn’t have any snacks for our hike the next day but that’s besides the point. So cheers to wherever this year’s celebration might take you — wherever it is, enjoy it!
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I prefer Enjoy Life brand)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (I use Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Stir constantly so the mixture does not burned. Once melted, set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the avocado meat, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Use a hand mixer and blend on medium until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the chocolate-coconut oil mixture into the mixing bowl and mix for an additional minute.
- Then, add in the coconut cream and vanilla. Mix for about 30 seconds, until everything is blended together.
- To serve, layer fresh raspberries and chocolate mousse in a small bowl or glass. Top with Coconut Whipped Cream if desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
- Serve topped with Coconut Whipped Cream (wholehealthhacks.com/coconut-whipped-cream) if desired.