This is part two in my series with Enjoy Life Foods. Check out the first post, Sweet and Salty Chocolate Dipped Pineapple, for more dessert inspiration!
What to do with a chocolate craving and a bag of fruit and seed mix? Make no bake cookies, of course! In this heat wave we’ve been having in Portland lately, the last thing I want to do when I am craving cookies is to turn on the oven and heat up the entire apartment. With summer quickly approaching, I need to have easy dessert recipes on hand that can be thrown together for any picnic or get-together without the added time (and heat!) of cooking in the oven. These Chocolate Trail Mix No Bake Cookies are paleo-friendly, dairy-free and, nut-free thanks to our friends over at Enjoy Life Foods who supplied the Mountain Mambo Seed & Fruit Mix for this recipe.
While traditional no-bake cookies use oats and nut butters, I opted for seed and fruit mix (without any nuts — simply seeds and dried fruit), unsweetened shredded coconut, and sun butter to keep these cookies allergen-friendly. I haven’t used sun butter much as I tend to rely on almond or cashew butter for baking, but I was really happy with the taste! If you don’t have sun butter on hand and tolerate tree nuts, swap it out for an equal amount of any nut butter you prefer.
Stay cool this summer with these delicious no bake cookies and share your recipes with us on Instagram (using hashtag #wholehealthhacks), on Pinterest with hasthag #wholehealthhacks, or on our Facebook page. And don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated with the latest Whole Health Hacks news. Happy (no) baking!
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Mountain Mambo Seed & Fruit Mix
- 1/3 cup sun butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan on the stove, mix together coconut sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil, and cocoa powder. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium high heat.
- Once boiling, boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- After 1 minute, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and stir until the trail mix is covered.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of mixture onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the batter is used up (makes approximately 1 dozen cookies).
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes to harden.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the freezer for later!
- Swap out sun butter for your preferred nut butter if you tolerate nuts.
More no bake treats!