I recently partnered with Enjoy Life Foods to cook up some delicious new recipes for you guys! This is the first post in the series of two recipes. I’m SO excited to share this sweet and salty dessert — Chocolate Dipped Pineapple! It’s super easy to make and is sure to be a crowd pleaser, but the best part is that Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are completely allergen friendly (free-from the “top eight” allergens: wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish and shellfish. Products are also made without casein, potato, sesame and sulfites — amazing!!). When it comes to chocolate chips it’s REALLY hard to find products that don’t have a bunch of added junk. Seriously, start reading the labels and you will be surprised how many brands have a list of several ingredients in something as simple as chocolate chips, half of them you can’t even pronounce! No thanks — I’ll stick with what I know.
I’ve been baking with Enjoy Life products for a while now and love the simple ingredient list (the dairy-free dark chocolate morsels I used for this recipe only include unsweetened chocolate and cane sugar) and the delicious taste. I have not found a brand with a cleaner ingredient list and have remained a devoted advocate for this brand, especially when providing recommendations to friends and family members looking for an allergen-friendly option. They would also make a perfect addition to my Grainless Granola recipe too if you’re looking for something with a sweeter taste. If you’re interested in ordering some so that you can cook up this Chocolate Dipped Pineapple recipe too, check out this link for 15% off your first Thrive Market order!
Alright, now onto the recipe! This was inspired by a recent dinner at a friend’s house in which she served chocolate dipped clementines. I absolutely LOVED the combo of citrus and chocolate and got to thinking it would be pretty dang good with pineapple too, especially with a pinch of added sea salt for that delightful sweet/salty combo. (Confession: My all-time favorite indulgent snack is gluten free pretzels, because I have a serious love for salty foods!) If you’re serving these for guests, consider leaving a few slices of pineapple “un-dipped” as it’s great on it’s own and some people may prefer a less-sweet version. Now, go forth and Enjoy (Life) – see what I did there? 🙂
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1-inch slices
- Coarse sea salt
- In a small pan over low heat, melt butter.
- Once butter has melted, add in chocolate chips. Stir constantly until melted (to avoid chocolate burning).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. One slice at a time, dip the pineapple in the chocolate mixture and set aside on the baking sheet. Careful to place the pineapple in a single layer to ensure the pieces do not stick together.
- Repeat for each pineapple slice until you run out of chocolate or pineapple.
- Add a pinch of sea salt to desired taste. (I suggest starting with less and adding more on later if desired.)
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge or freezer.
- I prefer Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Morsels for this recipe because they are allergen-friendly and taste great. Use whatever chocolate you prefer.
More delicious chocolate-filled desserts!