Happy Tuesday beautiful people! How we doing this lovely Tuesday? Is anyone else loving the switch from Daylight Savings time?! No? Just me? Okay! I was a grandma this weekend and ended up getting a ton of sleep and felt like that extra hour has given me LIFE. I slept longer than normal Sunday morning but I still woke up before 9, it was awesome! Besides getting a lot of rest this weekend (still much needed after my travels last month), I saw the new Marvel movie, Dr. Strange. If you like Marvel, I definitely recommend seeing it. Heck even if you don’t like Marvel, I think it’s a good movie. It’s different than the other Marvel movies but in a good way.
On Saturday my team practiced our workouts for a competition we’re in this coming weekend! Its called Clash of Clans. It’s 6 person teams with a bunch of events all crammed together. It should be fun! My gym, CrossFit Mantra, also had a member appreciation party that night which was a blast! They had pig roast with a bunch of tasty sides, a cornhole tournament, football playing and lots of alcohol! I personally went for some simple margaritas made of tequila, lime la croix and lime juice. It was a great night!
Sunday was for cooking, spending time with family and getting ready for the week! Best way to spend a Sunday if you ask me. I went out to brunch with some family at First Watch. It was delicious as usual. They have their pumpkin pancake special right now which is great but I couldn’t stop thinking about our pumpkin pie smoothie bowl and our pumpkin whoopie pies. They’re seriously to die for! Not to mention our plethora of recipes in the Paleo Pumpkin Cookbook. It’s the stuff that pumpkin dreams are made of!
As I said, Sunday was also spent cooking. A few things from PaleOMG, the Fed and Fit Cookbook, our Guide to Pre and Post Workout and some new stuff for you guys! This cheeseburger skillet is a perfect easy meal for during the week. Think of it as a deconstructed burger with all the same flavors in one big skillet! I hope y’all love it as much as I did!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, divided into 1 and 1/2
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp water
- 1# grass-fed ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp relish
- ½ tbsp primal palate meat and potato seasoning (or your favorite meat seasoning)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- Chop up cauliflower into florets. Place in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Not quite as small as for cauliflower rice, but florets broken up.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, toss in cauliflower. Add the two tbsp of water and cover for 10-15 mins until cauliflower is soft.
- When cauliflower is softened, add in salt, pepper, coconut milk and nutritional yeast.Stir to combine.
- Cover for 5 minutes then set aside.
- While cauliflower is softening, you can start the meat mixture. In a separate large skillet over medium heat, heat up remaining coconut oil. Once hot, add in onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Once onions are cooked, add in ground beef and break up. Cook ground beef until browned and cooked through.
- Next, add in meat seasoning, ketchup, mustard, relish and tomatoes. Stir to combine and cook for another 5 minutes, until tomatoes have started to soften.
- Plate meat mixture over cauliflower mixture and enjoy!