Just in time for Amazon Prime Day (July 12) I’m sharing a sneak peek into my top 10 kitchen essentials that I simply cannot live without! Whether you’re just starting out in the kitchen or a pro, there’s something on this list for everyone. I use most of the tools below every week (some of them, daily) and have found that they save a ton of time for meal prep and cooking in general. Most of these are budget-friendly (especially for the quality) and I’ve organized the list by price category for easy reference. You can find all of these items on Amazon and if you’re a prime member, can score free shipping too. If you’re not yet an Amazon Prime member, you can get a free trial by signing up here and take advantage of free shipping and tons of awesome deals.
In the meantime, it’s time for some fun kitchen essentials shopping. For those who don’t know, I recently grabbed an amazing Amazon deal on the Z Wave. It’s a smart home piece of kit for controlling your lighting remotely via an App. It’s been great for those lazy days where you just want to get by without doing much, and not to mention, I can feel the electricity savings already…
With that said, here’s my other favourite buys:
$5-15: These budget-friendly tools are lifesavers when it comes to saving time and getting top quality results. All of these have upped my cooking game with little effort!
- Silicone Garlic Roller: Long gone are the days of peeling garlic cloves with this handy tool! Simply place a clove of unpeeled garlic into the roller, press it down and roll for a few seconds, and voila — you have a peeled clove! It’s especially great when you’re making a recipe that calls for a lot of garlic or you don’t want the smell lingering on your hands for the rest of the day. (Who does, right?!)
- Vegetti / Vegetable Spiralizer: I have yet to upgrade to a more expensive spiralizer because this one works perfectly well for me. It’s a handheld tool and the only downside is huge zucchinis do not fit (so you will have to cut them in half or find a smaller veggie) BUT it’s surprisingly powerful for its small size. I love that it doesn’t take up much space in my kitchen and still gets the job done.
- Crisp Herb Mincer: My absolute least favorite chore in the kitchen is chopping herbs. I think it’s because I’m impatient and chopping for what seems like hours to get 2 teaspoons of cilantro is just painful, but with this handy dandy herb mincer all my worries are gone! I wish I would have discovered this tool years ago because it’s seriously a lifesaver. You can chop huge bunches of fresh herbs at a time which ends up saving a lot of time.
- OXO Good Grips Handheld Grater: When a recipe calls for “lemon zest” you’ll no longer wonder how the heck you’re going to make that happen. This lovely handheld grater is easy to use and perfect for zesting or grating citrus rinds and cheeses when you need a small amount for a recipe or garnish.
$15-30: This kettle is a huge time saver for boiling water and is used in our household for everything from making coffee and tea to heating up water when I don’t want to use the stove.
- Hamilton Beach Glass Electric Kettle: I literally use this 3-5 times per day. Enough said!
$30-50: These blenders have completely changed my paleo baking and cooking game! Now I can confidently make everything from homemade mayo to desserts without any frustration as these are both highly reliable products.
- Kitchen Aid Hand Mixer: I dream of someday owning a standing Kitchen Aid Mixer, but until that day, I am loving this hand mixer. I use it 1-2 times per month and it has held up without any issues since buying it just one year ago. Kitchen Aid products really are the best!
- Immersion blender – Cuisinart 2-Speed Hand Blender: After several years of constantly trying to make paleo ranch dressing in a traditional blender, I finally got tired of the less-than-decent results and invested in an immersion blender. It has seriously changed my sauce game! Now it takes less than 2 minutes to whip up a batch of mayo, hollandaise, ranch, etc — and I get to make frothy, buttery coffee in seconds with this amazing tool. It’s my #1 favorite of everything on this list!
$50-$150: For a higher budget item, quality knives are key to properly preparing meats and veggies. While these items are average in terms of quality, I am happy with both for the price AND they still give me great results.
- Ninja Kitchen System Pulse: I’ve had this blender for 4+ years and have to say it has held up great. I use it a couple of times per week for dressings, sauces, and smoothies and have never had any issues with it. While it’s not going to produce as smooth of a juice as a Vitamix would, it’s great quality for the price tag.
- Faberware Knife Set: For FAR too long I was relying on sh*tty knives that I bought after I graduated college (I think I spent less than $10 on two knives…so that tells you how high of quality they were) and when I was gifted this knife set I instantly noticed a difference in my cooking. While this is certainly not the highest quality set out there, it is great for the price (around $150 for 15-17 pieces) and a perfect gift for someone who is just getting started in the kitchen.
$150 & up: This juicer is a total splurge item and it’s WORTH IT! When we were living in SF my boyfriend and I went through a juice phase where we found ourselves shelling out $10 a bottle at the nearby juice shop and quickly realized that it was a huge waste of money. We use this juicer a couple of times per month and could not be happier with the quality and freshness of the juice.
- Green Star Elite Twin Gear Cold Press Juicer: This is a big investment, but if you love fresh juice and find that you’re spending a lot of money at the store on juice, then it is totally worth it. This juicer will last for years and produces fresh, cold pressed juice that tastes better than store bought products. The only downside is that it does take a while to clean because there are so many parts that must be scrubbed of any residue, but most juicers will have a similar issue so of the ones on the market I think this one is the best.
If you have any questions on the items or need further recommendations, give us a shout in the comments below or send us a note and we’ll get back to you ASAP!
More cooking hacks!