Hello friends! It has been quite a month with travel to SF and Cleveland, starting the NTC program, working on a secret surprise project with Katie, and battling a case of the flu. I’m so glad to be finally back on the blog to share another edition of Candice’s Kitchen! Spring is just around the corner, the days are longer, and the extra dose of sunshine has my spirits lifted — anyone else?!
If you follow us on Instagram, you know how much we LOVE Thrive Market! In case you aren’t familiar, Thrive Market is an online marketplace for organic, healthy, real food products (including gluten-free and paleo-friendly brands) — for everything from mayonnaise to lotion. I’ve come to rely on Thrive Market’s high quality products for convenience, affordable prices, and their overall mission in supporting the real food movement. And to make things even better, for every membership purchased, one is donated to a family in need. Today’s Candice’s Kitchen post is a sneak peak at my latest purchase from Thrive Market and some of my go-to pantry staples. If you like what you see and want to try out a membership for yourself, take advantage of this sweet Thrive Market intro offer for a free 2 month trial and 10% off your first order!
- Simply Organic Paprika – Aside from Primal Palate spices, Simply Organic is one of my favorite organic spice brands. The products are available in most natural grocery stores (including Whole Foods) and are high quality and delicious tasting. I love paprika in everything from eggs to chili, so this is a staple that I always like to have on hand.
- Spectrum Avocado Oil – Admittedly I purchased this thinking it was a bigger bottle (it’s 8oz and about half the size I expected), but aside from that oversight I’m happy with the product quality. Avocado oil is a great base for homemade mayo and dressing recipes, given its light flavor.
- Primal Kitchen Mayo – YOU GUYS! This stuff is seriously the best. While I do love making homemade mayo now that I have an immersion blender and it’s super easy, I always have a jar (or two) of Primal Kitchen Mayo on hand for easy access. It makes a great burger topping on its own, or when blended with Frank’s Red Sauce it has a zing of flavor that literally tastes good on anything.
- Barnana Chewy Banana Bites – This convenient sized bag of yummy dried banana bites is perfect to keep in my purse for a post-workout snack or mid-day fuel when I’m running errands. The dried banana bites are also available with dark chocolate or coconut. Yeah, now you’re hungry!
- Eating Evolved Dark Chocolate – I can’t believe it took me so long to try out this brand! This pure dark chocolate was delicious, not overly bitter (although let’s be honest I’m known to eat the 90% stuff without flinching – but that’s besides the point), and smooth as butter. If you’re looking for a high quality real food treat, make it this one.
- Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Flour – Lately I’ve been really into Against All Grain’s Enchilada Sauce on everything (from burgers to sweet potatoes to cauli rice), and this arrowroot flour really makes the recipe. I haven’t experimented much with it in baking or anything beyond the sauce recipe, so stay tuned for more to come on the many uses of arrowroot flour.
NOTE: Whole Health Hacks is an affiliate member of some of the sites linked and may receive a small commission for any products purchased through the links provided, which help us continue fueling the blog. Thanks for your continued support!