In case you hadn’t noticed, I’m just a tad in love with anything with buffalo sauce. Spicy Buffalo Ribs are one my all-time favorite recipes on lazy Sundays, and these Buffalo Chicken Kebabs are quickly catching up as my second favorite! When I started eating meat again after 10+ years as a vegetarian, one of the first meals I wanted all the time was buffalo chicken wings. I love the punch of spice that’s just hot enough to handle chased by a buttery smooth, finger-licking flavor. These Buffalo Chicken Kebabs are easy to throw together and cook on the grill or in the oven if you prefer. Choose whatever veggies are in season for your side — the chicken is really the star of the show here.
Before getting to the recipe, let’s take a minute to address how hard the word “kebab” is to spell. I consider myself a decent speller (I’m a writer by day) but I had to Google multiple different ways to spell it before finally just picking one! If anyone knows how it is really spelled, your comments are most welcome. I found several different recipes that had different variations and honestly just pulled the trigger on whatever Wikipedia said after debating it for an embarrassingly long amount of time. Anyone else? Just me? OK well glad we cleared that up.
I made this recipe on the grill but you can easily make it in the oven if you prefer. It’s still warm enough for cooking out so I’m going to use that as an excuse to whip up this recipe a few more times before fall weather takes over. You can also use any buffalo sauce you’d like, but I prefer making it at home to avoid any sketchy ingredients in store bought versions. Here’s my recipe for homemade buffalo sauce. If you end up making these Buffalo Chicken Kebabs, make sure to tag us on Facebook or Instagram @wholehealthhacks!
- 1-lb skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 cup buffalo sauce (http://wholehealthhacks.com/buffalo-sauce)
- 1 batch Paleo Ranch Dressing (from our Guide to Pre and Post Workout Meals ebook)
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Toss the cubed chicken in a large ziploc bag with 1/2 cup buffalo sauce and marinate for 1 hour (or longer, if desired).
- Once chicken has marinated, heat the grill to medium heat. While the grill is heating, put the chicken pieces on kebab skewers.
- Cook the chicken on the grill for 8-10 minutes, until cooked all the way through.
- Serve with Paleo Ranch Dressing and additional Buffalo Sauce for dipping.
- To make the most of cooking on the grill, throw your favorite veggies on kebab skewers as well and cook everything at once. You'll enjoy a complete meal and have plenty of leftovers for the week.
More spicy buffalo recipes!