Hello beautiful humans! I hope you all are having a fantastic Tuesday. I’m sitting here wishing the weekend hadn’t gone by so fast. I’m waiting to hear if I have to travel this week for work, aka leave in the next 2-3 hours. All my stuff is packed but we can’t seem to reach a decision about if we actually need to send someone or not. Sigh, such is life. In the meantime, I’ll daydream about this past weekend. Friday was pretty laid back. I coached barbell, my CF class ended up getting cancelled (nobody signed up) which was perfectly fine with me. I was able to get my grocery shopping done early, make dinner at a reasonable time and get some quality time with Z. Saturday was a little weird because I had a competition starting at 1:30 so I wasn’t sure what to do with myself in the morning! I ended up meal prepping a little bit but mostly just relaxing beforehand. The competition went from about 1:30-5:30. It was 4 person teams and there were 4 different events. It ended up being more than I thought it was going to be, haha. It was nice that it wasn’t an all day event and we ended up winning so that was just icing on the cake!
After that, Z and I had plans with our PT. For the first time, we were able to go hang out without him having to fix something on us. Between Z and I, there’s always something that seems to be out of whack. I made sure to bring some Siete lime flavored chips, salsa and the salsa verde from the Fed and Fit book. I decided to make a quick and easy dessert too so I threw together the blueberry crumble from Balanced Bites. I also had plenty of my favorite go to drink, gin and tonic with a splash of pomegranate juice. It was the perfect way to relax after the competition. Sunday was absolutely wonderful! I got to sleep in before heading over to my Uncle’s house since Candice and A were in town. It was so great to spend time with the family and celebrate love. It was definitely a perfect ending to the weekend.
Who’s looking forward to Memorial Day weekend?! ME! ME! I was originally hoping we’d be able to make it up to the cabins in Canada but I’m not sure that’s going to happen anymore. I was thinking maybe we could go camping somewhere but I think we might try to plan that for a different weekend. The Central East CrossFit Regionals are this weekend and if we’re not going to be in Canada, I definitely want to watch them! One of the gyms I go to is going to have a cookout Saturday and watch so I’ll probably plan on that for the weekend. As we do every Memorial Day, I’ll do Murph on Monday. Other than that, I’m hoping the weather is nice and I can get my tan going. This pale lady needs to start getting tan now or else I might never get tan by the end of the summer, haha! What’re your plans for the weekend?! Anything fun?!
While you’re making your plans for your weekend, don’t forget to include this tasty breakfast lasagna on your meal prep list! Similar to regular lasagna, this breakfast one uses layers of sliced sweet potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, crunchy bacon and crispy sausage to create one yummy way to eat breakfast. Don’t have sweet potatoes on hand? You can easily sub in russet potatoes. Don’t like brussel sprouts? Add in whatever your favorite roasted veggie is instead! This breakfast lasagna is totally customizable to your taste buds! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did 😛
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced longwise, about 1/8-1/4 in thick
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3-5 slices of bacon
- 1# brussel sprouts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1# chicken breakfast sausage
- 1. Preheat over to 375C.
- 2. Once sweet potatoes are sliced, toss them with butter, cinnamon and sugar. Put down the first layer of sweet potatoes in an 8x8 pan and set the rest aside.
- 3. Cook bacon in a medium sized pan until done and set aside. Once cooled, crumble.
- 4. Keep pan on medium to low heat, put brussel sprouts and onion in pan and toss in the bacon grease. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Once cooked, set aside.
- 5. In the same pan, cook the chicken breakfast sausage.
- 6. While that's cooking, whisk together the eggs, spices and coconut milk.
- 7. Once the chicken sausage is cooked, place some on top of the first layer of sweet potato.
- 8. Next, add on the layer of brussel sprouts and bacon. Continue layering until all ingredients are used up. Finally, pour the egg mixture over all the layers.
- 9. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until egg mixture is cooked and top of lasagna is crispy.
More recipes like this