The produce in season this time of year is seriously unreal. These Bacon and Peach Jam Burgers take advantage of all the fresh peaches at the farmer’s market and the weather that’s perfect for grilling. I have a serious love for the combination of sweet and salty things (especially when it comes to burgers) so trust me when I tell you the bacon and peach jam combo is out of this world tasty.
As Katie mentioned in her last post, we’re a bit obsessed with all things fall around here. This time last year we were eating pumpkin everything to test, create and publish The Paleo Pumpkin Cookbook. It has every pumpkin-related craving covered and all of the recipes are dairy and gluten free and only use real food, whole ingredients. From pumpkin frittatas to curry, we covered ALL the bases in the book. We actually ate so much dang pumpkin that my boyfriend has expressed relief that we aren’t doing a second edition of the book this year. If you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to snag your free copy!
Back to the recipe details! You can use either fresh or frozen peaches for the jam. If you use frozen, take into account that it will take 5-10 additional minutes to make due to thawing time. The Primal Palate Meat & Potatoes seasoning makes the burgers extra delicious with the perfect amount of salt, garlic and other delicious spices. Serve the burgers bunless, wrapped in lettuce, on top of your favorite greens, with a sweet potato bun, or with your favorite bread. I opted to serve these on New Cascadia gluten free buns (a local bakery in Portland) and since we usually eat our burgers lettuce wrapped, it was a delicious treat to have them this way. We also sprinkled on a bit of grass-fed cheddar cheese from Trader Joe’s and a dollop of Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo. Do whatever floats your boat! I think the peach jam and bacon add plenty of flavor but they also tasted really good with the extra toppings too.
In the meantime, let us know if you try out this Bacon and Peach Jam Burger recipe by tagging us on Facebook or Instagram @wholehealthhacks. We love hearing from you!
- 2 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1-lb grass-fed ground beef
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 tsp Primal Palate Meat & Potatoes blend
- Add peaches to a small saucepan. Heat over medium high heat until peaches begin to soften (5-6 minutes).
- Mash gently with a fork or potato masher until peaches resemble the consistency of jam. Add honey and lemon juice. Keep heat on medium high and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. Cool for 20 minutes before storing. Serve immediately or store up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. While the grill is heating, prepare the burgers.
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add spice blend and using hands, gently mix the spices into the ground meat. Careful not to overmix or it will dry out the burgers.
- Make four even-sized patties with the ground beef. Grill over medium heat for 10 minutes, until thoroughly cooked.
- While the burgers are cooking, cook the bacon on a saucepan on the stove. Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until desired consistency.
- Serve burgers topped with bacon, peach jam, and arugula.
- Shop Primal Palate Spices here: http://www.primalpalate.com/ref/79/
More delicious recipes from the grill!