Happy Friday friends! Today I’m bringing you another sneak peek from our ebook! This is by far one of my favorite recipes and one of the easiest to make. The hardest part is waiting for the oats to soak before you eat it all! I’ve made many variations of this recipe but this is by far one of my favorites. As I’ve mentioned before, I love SFH Coconut Fuel. I find that it’s a little more mild than traditional vanilla or chocolate protein powder and it works well in smoothies, protein pancakes/waffles, you name it! However, any mild protein you like can work in this recipe. Amazon has great deals on Vital Proteins collagen peptides or Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen. Whatever protein you like, give it a try and let us know how it works out!
As I mentioned, my favorite part about this recipe is how easy it is. You don’t have to worry about heating it up and you can make a ton of them in advance. Just like you can mix it up with proteins, you can mix it up with your apples too. Use as much or as little as you want or try different flavors! Green apples are allowed on the 21 day sugar detox so depending on what type of protein powder you use, this could be a tasty treat while on the detox! Whether you’re enjoying this post workout or at the end of the day as a tasty treat, these apple spice protein oats are sure to hit the spot!
- 1 cup rolled oats/gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 scoop protein (I love SFH Coconut Fuel)
- 2 tbsp green apple, diced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Combine oats, spices, and protein powder in small container or mason jar.
- If having the next day*, add in almond milk and mix to incorporate.
- Sprinkle in diced apple now or just before serving.
- Store in refrigerator before eating.
- NOTES: If working out in the morning, add in the almond milk so it can sit overnight. If not working out until later in the day, you can add the almond milk in the morning, up to you! You can easily portion out a bunch of these for the week, adding in your almond milk and apples as needed.